Healthy Pineapple Cashew “Fried” Rice
This recipe provides you with a general idea of how to prepare the dish. Since I made it up there’s a lot of room for interpretation. If you add your own creative twist be sure to let me know what it was in the comments. Enjoy!
Brown Rice (I used 1 cup uncooked, if you’re doing boil-in-a-bag, it’s probably 2 bags)
1 red pepper-chopped
1 orange or yellow pepper-chopped
about 1/2 cup cashews-chopped
1/2 real pineapple (not canned!)-chopped
2-3 chicken breasts (or whatever form of protein you prefer)
sesame seeds (these are optional, I just love them so toss them over anything that seems remotely appropriate)
*chop everything to the size/shape you prefer, and you know me-I’m not big on the measurements so feel free to add/subtract to your preference
- You’re going to cook everything separately at first
- cook brown rice
- combine and mix all chopped ingredients in a bowl first and let it sit for at least 10 minutes so the pineapple juice can get all over everything-yum! Then saute over high heat with cooking spray, mixing constantly for about 2 minutes, then lower the heat to medium/low so it can all simmer to your ideal consistency, I like my veggies crunchy-if you’re the mushy type, let them sit longer.
- scramble 2 eggs in a small frying pan with cooking spray
- cook your protein in a frying pan with cooking spray, olive oil or peanut oil (I imagine sesame oil would also be a great choice)-just 1-2 tablespoons is enough
- I combine the rice, eggs and the veggies but not the protein-in a large frying pan to create the “fried rice” feel. High heat, mixing constantly for just a few minutes.
- Serve protein over rice mix then leave me a comment to let me know how friggin’ delicious it is!
*Note, if you have nut allergies, don’t include the cashews, pretty sure it would still taste delicious!
Do you have a healthy recipe to share? Drop it in the comments for the community to enjoy-thanks!Healthy Pineapple Cashew “Fried” Rice