Fat Burning, Strength Building LEG Workout
Full demo and instruction in the video:
In case you plan on doing this workout at your gym and not at home, here’s the deets so you can print it and GO!
- Step ups – 1 minute leading with the right foot, 1 minute leading with the left foot
- Side squats- 2 to the right, 2 to the left, back and forth for 1 minute
- Front to back lunges- lunge forward, then backward on the right leg for 30 seconds, then forward and backward on the left leg for 30 seconds
- Step ups with squat pulses- step up, squat pulse for 5 counts, step down (if you want to be technical, lead with your right foot for 30 seconds and left foot for the other 30 seconds just like the first step up exercise, I’m more concerned about the squat pulse in this one though!)
- Leg extensions, lean on your elbows, core in tight for stability, squeeze a dumbell between your feet ( I use 10-15lbs for this when I’m doing high reps), start with knees at a 90 degree angle, extend up and lower for 1 minute.
This is a 6 minute circuit, complete 5x. If that’s too much for you, do as many as you can, and work your way up to that 5x for a 30 minute fat burning, strength building workout! Always remember, the point of a circuit is to take little to no rest between exercises, however–if you’re working really hard, you’re going to need some breaks so take them when your body says “I can’t keep going!” and get back to it when you’re ready to work hard again.
Questions? Comments? Feedback? I love it all, drop it in a comment below, please 🙂