First sentence of the podcast topic. Should include the keyword phrase.
Self respect is where the other four parts of the EMBODIED Self Love Framework get integrated.
When you are more self aware you discover what you need to know, when you know yourself better, you can accept yourself more, when you are coming from self awareness, knowledge and acceptance, it’s easier to trust yourself and when you’re doing all four, self respect just makes sense.
Notes from Episode 343 of the Embodied Podcast with Elizabeth DiAlto
- How you treat and speak to yourself
- How to not abandon yourself
- How to use the discernment we talked about during self trust to respect yourself through who and what you prioritize
- How self respect helps to dissolve people pleasing
In this interview on Keys to Self Respect
- [6:47] How people pleasing can be alchemized through self respect
- [8:37] Why you need to honor yourself
- [11:45] Why you should reserve the right to change your mind
- [14:46] What compassion really is
- [16:27] Anchoring into your truth and how this alignment will be meaningful to you
- [17:36] Why you should steer clear of self abandonment
- [21:39] Indicators of self abandonment to watch out for
- [23:41] Being more intentional about who and how your loving
- [24:01] Reflection questions to ask yourself around self respect
- [30:20] Why it’s important to acknowledge how different we all are.
Resources for Keys to Self Respect
Quotes from this Week’s Episode on Keys to Self Respect
- “Self respect is where people pleasing comes to die.”
- “Ultimately self respect is how you treat yourself. It’s how you talk about yourself.”
- “When I have resistance I need to suspend my own beliefs, my own judgement, my own needs to be right and just feel into something a little bit deeper.”
- “To expect yourself to be fully aligned with something that you might’ve committed yourself to months ago, weeks ago or even a few days ago might be an unreasonable expectation.”
- “Hold yourself gently in your commitments and the things that you start.”
- “Compassion is deep acceptance.”
- “Our needs are just as important as everyone else’s needs in our lives.”
- “We can be generous but we need to pay attention to the implications our generosity has on our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.”
- “We deserve the love and attention that we give to others so readily.”
- “Self respect does not settle.”
How was this episode for you?
Was this episode helpful for you today? I’d love to know what quote or lesson touched your soul. Let me know in the comments below OR share the episode on Instagram, tag me your stories @elizabethdialto, or send me a DM!
About the Embodied Podcast with Elizabeth DiAlto
Since 2013 I’ve been developing a body of work that helps women embody self-love, healing, and wholeness. We do this by focusing on the four levels of consciousness – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
In practical terms, this looks like exploring tools and practices to help you tune into the deep wisdom of the body and the knowing of the heart, which I believe are gateways to our souls. Then we cultivate a new relationship with our minds that allows the mind to serve this wisdom and knowledge and soul connection, rather than override it, which is what many of us were taught.
The show runs in seasons now and this season we’re focusing on my EMBODIED Self Love Framework.
We’ll be looking at Self Awareness, Self Knowledge, Self Acceptance, Self Trust, and Self Respect – with a bonus episode on Boundaries as well.
If you’ve been doing self-help or spiritual development work for a while, these are the types of foundational things that often people overlook in pursuit of fancier concepts that often aren’t practical or sustainable. Here, we will focus on building these strong foundations so you can honestly and thoroughly embody self-love. If you’re feeling it, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review wherever you listen from. You can also keep up with show updates and community discussions on Instagram here.