How well do you really know yourself?
And why does self knowledge matter so much?
In order to do any of the work of EMBODIED self love, you really do need to know yourself.
You need to know things [for starters] like:
-What’s ok with you and what’s not ok with you?
-What excites you what doesn’t?
Life is cyclical. There are phases and changes, which means you should feel free to be someone different than you were yesterday. I always say, “I reserve the right to change my mind.” And I can tell you from living that way it won’t always please others. But staying true to who you are moment to moment is a radical act of self love.
Real, deep, EMBODIED self love requires ACTIONS behaviors, habits and STANDARDS!
Self knowledge is the place where we tune into all of that.
In today’s episode I cover:
- “The Power of the Pause” – which is a super helpful reflection technique to learn about yourself and increase your self knowledge in your day to day experiences
- Aspects of the self and multidimensionality
- Various tools and systems like Human Design, Enneagram, Astrology and more that help you discover who you really are and how you’re built
- and discern between what is your conditioning and what is your truth
The four stages of learning
In the third episode of the EMBODIED Self Love series we discuss:
- [2:41] Why you need to give yourself room to be who you are right now and room to become someone else
- [4:46] Why you don’t need everyone to like you
- [5:30] The 5 main values I use for discernment of everything in my life
- [7:34] Reasons why I often couple values and priorities together
- [10:48] Why you don’t have to take on other peoples priorities
- [12:15] Why I don’t fully subscribe to any one personality test or zodiac sign
- [15:07] What I realized about making impulsive and intuitive choices
- [18:41] Learning to cultivate internal authority
- [19:10] The aspects of you versus the whole you and an exercise you can do
- [23:38] Discovering what your actual truth is
- [28:03] Why I want you to know the value of self knowledge
- [31:15] Thoughts on why you should question everything
Resources I mentioned in the episode:
- Embodied Self Love Mini Course
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Aycee Brown’s Instagram
- Erin Claire Jones’ Instagram
- Clare Marie Edgeman’s Instagram
- EP251: What Is Human Design With Chetan Parkyn
- The Embodied Movement Center
- “So many of us are programmed around who we should be and who we need to be.”
- “Reserve the right to change your mind.”
- “You will outgrow some people.”
- “Real deep embodied self love requires ations, behaviors, habits and standards.”
- “There’s not an area of your life that can’t be touched, improved, enhanced, healed, expanded, blessed by self love.”
- “Everything you’ve ever needed has always been inside of you.”
- “You’re allowed to write your own story no matter what your past has been.”
- “The best teachers will always point you back to yourself.”
How was this episode for you?
Was this episode helpful for you today? I’d love to know what quote or lesson touched your soul. Let me know in the comments below OR share the episode on Instagram, tag me your stories @elizabethdialto or send me a DM!
Since 2013 I’ve been developing a body of work that helps women embody self love, healing and wholeness. We do this by focusing on the four levels of consciousness – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
In practical terms this looks like exploring tools and practices to help you tune into the deep wisdom of the body and the knowing of the heart, which I believe are gateways to our souls. Then we cultivate a new relationship with our minds that allows the mind to serve this wisdom and knowing and soul connection, rather than override it, which is what many of us were taught.
The show runs in seasons now and this season we’re focusing on my EMBODIED Self Love Framework.
We’ll be looking at Self Awareness, Self Knowledge, Self Acceptance, Self Trust and Self Respect – with a bonus episode on Boundaries as well.
If you’ve been doing self help or spiritual development work for a while, these are the types of foundational things that often people overlook in pursuit of fancier concepts that often aren’t practical or sustainable. Here, we will focus on building these strong foundations so you can honestly and thoroughly embody self love. If you’re feeling it, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review wherever you listen from. You can also keep up with show updates and community discussion on Instagram here.