I have been teaching about building self trust for over seven years now and for this episode, the self trust teaching wanted to come through a bit differently.
No doubt, the reason is that building self trust is harder when tragedy and trauma are rampant because we get pulled into the WHY question? It doesn’t make sense. And it’s not supposed to.
During these current times we’re living through there’s a lot of that.
So we question a lot of valid things but can get overly distracted by them. This is why we need to ‘”insource” more than we “outsource” and strengthen our direct connection to the Divine (God, Source, Universe, etc) –and that is the part of the teaching I had to integrate more deeply into today’s exploration of self trust
The only intermediary we need is our soul.
In Episode 342 of the Embodied Podcast with Elizabeth DiAlto, she covers
- How we build trust within ourselves similarly to how we build trust with others.
- Why we need self trust if we hope to have self love
- The difference between judgment and discernment
- How to know which part of yourself to trust, and how to practice self trust when you feel conflicted
- Big questions people face around self trust like – how to know the difference between fear and intuition, how to know when it’s our ego talking, or our trauma or wounds
- Some universal truths you can choose to place faith in if you want that will help cultivate trust more easily
In this episode about building self trust
[4:07] How trust has been an integral part of my body of work as it’s evolved
- [5:31] How it takes time to develop self trust
- [7:22] Why you can’t separate self trust from trust in the divine
- [9:56] Examining what part of yourself your trusting vs. not trusting
- [12:26] How fostering a broader trust in the divine will help your self trust
- [14:58] One of my biggest mantras during some of the hardest times of my life
- [17:15] How trusting yourself helps you trust other people
- [20:40] Minding your own business and not inserting yourself in other people’s business
- [24:18] Cultivating more energy to be more trusting, open to things that are worthy of you
- [25:35] How trust requires surrender and the ability to let go
- [27:44] Considering how your choices might impact other people and the world around you
- [31:03] Why you shouldn’t hold yourself to impossible standards around things you couldn’t have known
- [31:24] Working through the fear of trusting yourself when criticism is present
- [33:10] How fear blocks people’s ability to trust in themselves
Resources for Building Self Trust
Quotes from this Week’s Episode of the Embodied Podcast
- “We can’t control other people. We can’t change other people. We can’t grow on behalf of other people but we can absolutely resolve our own stuff.”
- “Trust is harder when tragedy and trauma are rampant.”
- “Where we get tripped up is when we get overly distracted by questions we don’t have answers to. This is why we need to insource and source from within rather than outsource.”
- “Discernment is just your body saying ‘this is a yes for me, this is a no for me.’”
- “Trust becomes deeper when assisted by trust in the divine.”
- “Any given moment, can and will serve us eventually.”
- “Everything is a growth opportunity, everything is a chance to open more into love and go deeper into the mystery.”
- “My conditioning believes that I can weather things. Even the things that feel impossible, even the things that feel like they might break me.”
- “If you can trust yourself, you know when to trust others.”
How was this episode for you?
Was this episode helpful for you today? I’d love to know what quote or lesson touched your soul. Let me know in the comments below OR share the episode on Instagram, tag me your stories @elizabethdialto, or send me a DM!
About the Embodied Podcast with Elizabeth DiAlto
Since 2013 I’ve been developing a body of work that helps women embody self-love, healing, and wholeness. We do this by focusing on the four levels of consciousness – physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.
In practical terms, this looks like exploring tools and practices to help you tune into the deep wisdom of the body and the knowing of the heart, which I believe are gateways to our souls. Then we cultivate a new relationship with our minds that allows the mind to serve this wisdom and knowledge and soul connection, rather than override it, which is what many of us were taught.
The show runs in seasons now and this season we’re focusing on my EMBODIED Self Love Framework.
We’ll be looking at Self Awareness, Self Knowledge, Self Acceptance, Self Trust, and Self Respect – with a bonus episode on Boundaries as well.
If you’ve been doing self-help or spiritual development work for a while, these are the types of foundational things that often people overlook in pursuit of fancier concepts that often aren’t practical or sustainable. Here, we will focus on building these strong foundations so you can honestly and thoroughly embody self-love. If you’re feeling it, subscribe to the show, and leave us a review wherever you listen from. You can also keep up with show updates and community discussions on Instagram here.