Terri Cole is back on the podcast today for a boundary bootcamp and we are diving in on a topic this audience, loves –boundaries!
We started with how to know when you need them and from there got into, “high functioning codependency”, capacity versus willingness, overcorrections and misconceptions about what it means to be your best self.
We also talked about how critical mindfulness and present moment consciousness are to well drawn boundaries, cultivating the internal space to respond not react (a valuable distinction), boundary bullies and the relationship between boundaries and control.
As always Terri brings the good stuff. If you’re someone who is practicing better boundaries, this is definitely one to listen to a few times and share with friends!
About Terri ColeTerri Cole is a licensed psychotherapist, a boundary and relationship expert, and the founder of Real Love Revolution and Boundary Bootcamp, her two female empowerment courses reaching women in over 25 countries. For the past two decades, Terri has worked with some of the world’s most well-known personalities from international pop stars, professional athletes, Broadway performers and TV personalities to thought-leaders and Fortune 500 CEOs. Terri’s strategies combine practical psychology, eastern mindfulness practices plus harnessing the power of intention to create sustainable positive behavioral change i.e. true transformation. She empowers over one hundred thousand women weekly through her published articles and blog posts, YouTube channel, therapeutic meditations, online group courses, and her popular Hello Freedom podcast.
In this interview with Terri Cole on her Boundary Bootcamp
- [4:54] On acceptance and being in celebration of where you’re at in your life cycle
- [13:39] How to know if you need boundaries + finding your best self
- [20:01] Setting boundaries with yourself + the qualities of a well-drawn boundary
- [29:27] Avoiding setting boundaries in a heated moment
- [35:01] The origin story of Terri’s Boundary Course + enforcing boundaries and having consequences
- [46:26] The relationship between boundaries and control + secondary gains